Friday, July 29, 2011

My first post, getting to know me!

Ok .. so here it goes.. my first posting!
 I will first tell you that I am a 42 year old mother of 4 crazy, messy, opinionatedrowdy  lovely children. Ages 19, 12, 10 and the youngest is 5 and getting ready to start kindergarten in three weeks! Yay!! oops did I say that out loud? Anyhoo we have 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs and live in Lees Summit, Missouri.  Starting this blog I look forward  to connecting  with others that are like me.. women that have a limited budget, a need to create and want their home to have that put together feeling no matter how not put together their real life may be. I have always been a believer of making due with what you have ( something that I have inherited from my mother) and I guess that is the basis of my desire to up cycle anything I can get my hands on. I love to paint, decoupage, sew, craft, draw, and most of all use power tools..( I would do the Tim the tool man grunt but I don't know how to type it!) Currently I sell my creations on Craigslist but am working on Trish at Good Juju in Kansas City to let me have a space.. Super cool shop where you can let your decorating imagination run wild. I will keep up on the progress with that..
Now that I have given you the lo-down on me lets get to the subject of my first post ...... duh duh dunnnn.. My craft / holiday storage area in the basement. It has gotten so bad I dread to go down there un-armed. So about a week ago I decided to take action.





I know everyone has that area if the house that is forbidden for visitors to see and this is my unmentionable area, and don't you feel lucky you are the first outside my immediate family that gets to see it! Got a free oak bookcase off CL :) and some bins to start and hopefully my mother figure will accept my  bribe  offer of lunch for her assistance and I will be able to show you some progress in my next post. I will also show you some pics of my current projects.. Thanks for visiting and I look forward to meeting others out in the blog world and sharing this experience with me.. until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment